2014 5th IEEE RAS - EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob)
The 5th IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics – BioRob-2014 will cover both theoretical and experimental challenges posed by the application of robotics and mechatronics in medicine and biology.
The technical program of IEEE BioRob2014 will consist of invited talks and workshops, special sessions, posters, and paper presentations.
BioRob-2014 will accept papers covering several areas of Biorobotics and Biomechatronics including:
- Technology for assisted surgery and diagnosis
- Rehabilitation and assistive robotics
- Micro/nano technologies in medicine and biology
- Prosthetic devices
- Wearable assistive and augmenting devices
- Biological systems modeling
- Biologically-inspired systems
- Biomechatronic and human-centered design
- Human-machine interaction
- Locomotion and manipulation in robots and biological systems
- Technology assessment, ethical and social implications of biorobotics and biomechatronics
- Inclusive access to Rehabilitation Robotics
This will be the first BioRob conference in Latin America. Latin America in general and Brazil in particular are developing rapidly. The BioRob-2014 dates have been chosen to run concurrently at the same site with the XXV Annual Meeting of the Brazilian Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. This yearly conference is a reference for clinicians engaged in rehabilitation research and clinical care. It goes beyond Brazil and attracts physicians from all South America gathering well over 900 clinicians Moreover, the State of São Paulo will run two other events concurrently and in the same convention center:
"Reabilitação", which is the largest international tradeshow of equipment and technology for rehabilitation and orthopedics in South America, and
The VI Meeting of Rehabilitation and Disability Stakeholders, which includes government representatives, patients, and caregivers.
The confluence of all stakeholders -- engineers, physicians, industry, government, patients, and caregivers -- in a single location will be unique in that it affords a seamless exchange of information in line with the United Nations 2012 unanimous decision to make healthcare and rehabilitation a human right.
12 Aug - 15 Aug 2014 São Paulo, Brazil
Abstract submission deadline: 18 Feb 2014
Final submission deadline: 30 May 2014
Notification of acceptance date: 15 Apr 2013